Saturday, January 26, 2013

Nerd Nook Newbies


Welcome to this week's installment of Nerd Nook Newbies. I must admit, I have really gotten into these Lego Blind Bag characters. They are coming out with some really fun and clever figures! Having always loved Legos (especially the minifigures) and this "bump method" for identifying the characters inside, beginning a collection of these was a pretty easy choice.
 Black Knight (series 7) Grey Knight (series 9)
These guys look cool displayed opposite one another.
Deep Sea Diver (series 8), Tarzan (series 7), Judge (Series 9), Rabbit Costume (series 7)
Like I said, these are just plain fun to collect.
Vampire Bat (series 8), Evil Robot (series 8)
I definitely want to get the monster related characters released so far. The vampire bat is way cool! Other minifigures I am actively pursuing are the two clowns released so far...too lolzy to pass up!
The only other newbie this week rounds out one of my collections.....
Scored the last of the 70's vinyl ad icons I was after...Boo Berry!
These were cereal premiums nearly 40 years ago. I finally have all four monsters....
Boo Berry, Count Chocula, Frankenberry, Fruit Brute (discontinued in the early 80s)
Here are the current 3 monsters with their modern Funko counterparts.

So that does it for this week's Newbies. Like I said in a few blogs, I am totally loving these Lego minifigures! I'm also pretty psyched to have finished my 70s vinyl ad icons collection. I do, however, have my site's set on some of the vintage items relating to these characters.

"the circle is now complete".

No comments:

Post a Comment