Friday, December 28, 2012

Nerd Nook Newbies - Christmas Haul

Yup, looks like I'll be doubling down on the Newbies this week to show you guys some of the pop culture related goodies I got this Christmas!

Newbie #1 - DC Collectibles Justice League New 52 "We Can Be Heroes" 7 Pack

My Bro, as I have mentioned in pervious posts, was my partner in crime growing up.  We were our own dynamic duo of collectors and lovers of pop culture. That being said, big bro came through.  He picked me up this awesome combo pack that I really wanted.  I don't collect much of the new stuff but I absolutely love the new 52 figs! The set includes Aquaman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Flash, and Cyborg. Thanks Bro!

Newbie # 2 - A mini Yoda Statue

My wife really came through with some awesome nerdy goodness this Christmas.  She is not into the whole geeky thing but she pays attention and knows the stuff I love!  She got me this awesomely detailed Yoda statue. He has found a good home in the Nerd Nook!

Newbie #3 - Fruit Stripe Gum
I know this isn't a collectible.  Its gum! Why is it being shown as a Nerd Nook Newbie?!?!? Well I'll tell you why....  My wife also picked this up for me as a stocking stuffer. Unbeknownst to her I have a pretty strong setimental attachment to this particular type of gum.  Anyway heres a quick story (painfully nostalgic remember!).  As kids me, my brother, and my mom shared a house with my grandmom and her brother.  My Uncle Ants as I called him.  Well he always used to keep exactly 2 pieces of gum in his top dresser drawer for me and my brother to help ourselves to.  Fruit stripe was one of his favorites to keep stocked.  As I got older I started to understand more fully what a great guy he was and started hording some of my pieces of gum to remember. Here is a shot of my collection of memories....
The gum in that picture is easily 15 years old and worthless to most people, but to me its priceless.  I'd give up all my valueable collectles before I even thought of giving this stuff up.  Needless to say I was choked up Christmas holding a pack fruit stripe!

Newbie #4 - Star Wars Mad Libs
Like I said my wife did really good this year on the nerdy gifts front (and nostalgia for that matter).

So that does it for another Nerd Nook Newbies.  I'll have another installment next week to show off some of the goodies I gave myself this holiday season!

"There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all" - Seemed fitting

No comments:

Post a Comment