Sunday, December 2, 2012

Halo 4, The Deification of Master Chief


I decided to share my two cents on one of the coolest games I have played in some time...Halo 4.  Halo 4 was 343 Studio's first go at creating a Halo game.  This was no easy task.  Halo has an extremely loyal and devoted following with high expectations.  I must say 343 exceeded mine.
Warning to anyone still working through the campaign... there will be spoilers.
The campaign begins 4 years after Halo 3 with Master Chief still in his cryo sleep.  The words "wake me when you need me" were immediately recalled as Cortana tried to decide just how much she needed old John 117.  Well as it turns out she needed him pretty badly.  Cortana is a bit worse for the wear.  I don't want to totally spoil it.  Anyway the Chief awakens and it's right to work for this unsung hero.  The campaign is visually stunning.  The graphics are amazing and as always the settings are awesome.  The sounds were definitely improved.  As for the enemies you have the familiar Covenant and the introduction of a new one.  The Prometheans as they are called represent a new challenge for Master Chief and the player (especially if playing on legendary).

Promethean Knight

Master Chief fights his way through multiple levels taking place in a multitude of settings ranging from ships in space to over grown jungles.  The story of this campaign is in one word, EPIC.  I called this blog the Deification of Master Chief for a reason.  As the story progresses, the other UNSC characters seem to view him as just that, Godly.  Master Chief seems to personify some type of messiah sent forth to save mankind.  And of course he does just that.  The cut scenes show him as this larger than life hero and in my opinion gives the gamer a new found respect for the Chief.



The game ends with Master Chief more war torn then ever and emotionally ruined (no spoiler as to why).  The ending cinematic for this game is one of my all time favorites. It's dramatic, powerful, and downright awesome. Makes me wish Halo 5 was coming out tomorrow!

In closing, if you havn't played this game and enjoy first person shooters I would definitely suggest playing it.  And if you really wanna be brave go at it lone wolf style (legendary difficulty of course). You'll get rewarded with a rare view of the Chief's eyes and a nice 90g achievement for bragging rights.

Until next time....

"Our duty as soldiers is to protect humanity. Whatever the cost" - Master Chief (Halo 4) What a total bad ass!







2 comments:

  1. Definitely an over the top game. One of my first FPSs and I love the multiplayer. And yes, Master Chief is the ultimate badass.

    ReplyDelete